Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Should your application be chosen for next steps, you will be contacted by email to confirm a phone interview. Accepted applicants will be notified via email within one week of the phone interview.
It’s an honor to be included in the New York Road Runners Charity Program. As such, it’s important that everyone respect the process, expectations and terms of engagement. The expectation is everyone will do their part to ensure success for all parties.
The bar has been set high with a fundraising commitment of $3000 per runner. We ask you to give your fundraising plan careful consideration in order to make the most of your experience. Our staff will support your training and fundraising, but the responsibility for the full commitment lies with each runner.
Please complete the online application in full, or you can download the PDF and return via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, April 2, 2018. A valid credit card number, (through December 2018), must be submitted with the application in order to be considered. You may be contacted to discuss your application. All information shared on this application or in any interview will be handled confidentially.
Fundraising Commitment & Schedule
If you are selected as a member of the 2018 Title IX Girls Marathon Team, you are committing to raise at least $3,000. Fundraising can be done online with CrowdRise, and/or offline with checks and cash.
- On the day you are accepted a $50 application fee will be charged to your credit card and will go toward your fundraising commitment.
- A minimum fundraising, as a percentage of overall commitment, will be due as follows:
- 25% due Friday, June 15, 2018
- 50% due Friday, July 27, 2018
- 75% due Friday, August 17, 2018
- 100% due Friday, October 19, 2018
Any balance due in order to reach your fundraising commitment will be billed to your credit card, unless other terms were pre-determined by you and the Executive Director of Title IX Girls Running Club.
By filling out and submitting the application, you agree to the following:
- I understand that after April 2, 2018, I am solely responsible for raising or personally giving the entire fundraising minimum, even if for any reason, including injury, I am unable to run in the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon.
- I understand that any donations received by Title IX Girls Running Club on my behalf are non-refundable.
- Any legal expenses incurred in the collection of funds will be the sole responsibility of the runner.
- I agree that I will not begin the race prior to the official start time; I will not compete in a manner that, in the judgment of the race officials, interferes with race operations or other participants; I will not reproduce or transfer my official bib number.
- The entry must be used by the person who utilizes the number and may not be transferred, sold or auctioned to another person.
I agree to pay a registration application fee to NYRR of:
$255.00 /NYRR member
$295 /Non-NYRR member
$358/ Non-US resident
I understand that this does not count toward my fundraising minimum for Title IX Girls Running Club. Title IX Girls Running Club will inform me of the details of NYRR registration. This fee will be collected separately at a later date.
The entry must be used by the person who utilizes the number and may not be transferred, sold or auctioned to another person. The registration must be submitted to NYRR no later than September 13, 2018.
Still game? Good. Complete and submit the application.